Sunday 7 July 2013

TAOP - N & I - Exercise: A Narrative Picture Essay

A Narrative Picture Essay

This exercise requires "an assignment" to be set and then set about photographing it. The idea is to create a set of pictures that tell a story.

I've chosen my assignment to be a family day trip to the beach for lunch at Brean Sands on the south-west coast.

My blog doesn't allow to demonstrate the images in a the layout of a magazine so I will show each image individually then layout on an A4 word document and then try to screen print / save as a jpeg to show at the end.

I had planned out in my head roughly the type of images I wanted. I didn't want to formalise the story or have people specifically posing or feeling uncomfortable, I wanted to capture the story as it unfolded. Image wise the images could be seen a bit like holiday snaps but the purpose of the exercise was to create a story


Loading up the car boot



Walking to the Beach



Dinner Time on the beach



Stretching their Legs


Enjoying the Sea Breeze



Evidence of Action - Making Sand Castles



End of the Sun?



End of Summer?



Time to Go Home

Final Document

Organising the layout was quite because I had a view in mind that I wanted but I was in the end limited by what I could do in MS Word. There may perhaps be away of doing this better but having spent some time on the Internet this appeared the simplest and cleanest. I had kept 2 images back from those above to add some surprise humour at the end








No comments:

Post a Comment