Tuesday 23 July 2013

Gloucester College Art Exhibition on 24/6/2013

I attended an art exhibition on 24th June at Gloucester College next to Gloucester Docks where a number of students were displaying their work. I've focused on my Light exercises and had not added this to my blog

There was a wide range of media used for photography, construction, painted and drawn art.

One set of 4 photographic images particularly struck me. It was a set of images taken at dusk of different  playgrounds with climbing frames etc. There was sufficiently light to make these out and get an idea of the colours. However it wasn't until the third image that I noticed a hooded figure - quite difficult to initially pick out but once you eyes registered it was obvious. It gave a slightly startling feel, almost one of surprise, perhaps that feeling of being watched by someone at night and then suddenly realising it. Knowing what to look for I went back to the earlier 2 images and then the fourth and in each the hooded figure was there

Whilst I have been amazed at some images, even touched by what they portray I had never experienced this feeling when looking at image before. I wish I had taken an image of this photograph. It left me thinking about it long after I attended the exhibition. I made me think how important it is to create art / images that will have this kind of effect on the viewers. It was worth the visit just for this feeling and acknowledge of the power of an image / set of images

It was interesting to see a whole wide spectrum of ideas and art across multiple media.

I've listed below a few images of some items I took photographs of:





No comments:

Post a Comment