Sunday 7 July 2013

TAOP - Light - Exercise: Shiny Surfaces

The purpose of this exercise is to respond to the tricky challenge of photographing reflective surfaces.

I've bought some tracing paper so off we go:

Image 1

The light reflection was just one challenge, unfortunately the size of the tracing paper was another. I began to have reservations regarding how this exercise was going to work. I'll try something smaller to photograph.


Image 2
This is the starting position and the challenge of the light reflection can be seen on the back of the spoon.


Image 3
I've half built the paper cone and I can see this will be a problem, vignette caused by the cone.


Image 4
The cone is almost complete and I'm not really sure how this will work; I'd need a massive piece of tracing paper to build the cone wide enough to keep it out of the image.


Image 5
I think this is turning out to be a disaster. I don't think I really wont to spend large amounts of money to buy a big enough piece of tracing paper, I spent a bit on the white card for the previous exercise. I can see the challenge of photographing shiny objects but for me this solution isn't working.

However I realise the future option of trying this when presented with this challenge in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment