Wednesday 8 August 2012

Thoughts so far

Thoughts so far....

I have completed my reading of Michael Freeman's book "The  Photographer's Eye" which I have found very informative, is well exampled and structured and is easy to read. Its a really good book which I will continue to go back to.

I have been referring back to this when doing the exercises so far to help validate my understanding and remind myself of what I am learning to ensure I am fully comfortable with it and of course incorporate into my photography more and thats the plan!

In looking at Michael's images he uses as examples, and I am sure these are historic images, I am wondering whether I'm focussing to much on the excercises and not sufficiently enough on the images I'm creating for example I think only the images I created for "Focus with a Set Aperture" are of a quality I would normally expect to produce.

I think for the momoment I will at least continue with a very strong focus on the excercises ensuring I fully understand and incorporate what I am learning into my photography, but I will try to give a little more thought to the images themselves, especially as I lead up to the first assignment

No comments:

Post a Comment