Saturday 17 May 2014

An image in the local paper

An image in the local paper

It always nice to get some publicity and the recognition is rewarding. The following is an image published in this weeks Forest Review



Whilst probably not one of my best images I felt it important keep the location relevant to the image e.g. trees representing the Forest of Dean from where the image was taken.

I've no been able to capture the full feeling that the scene gave me and perhaps a stitched panoramic would have been a better choice but i have tried to create a triangle of the trees with an open base at the bottom, and the eye following the two lines of trees toward its apex adds depth I think to the image.

In hindsight I think I could have created as series of images taken from a tripod and stitched them together to give the viewer a greater understanding of what it was like to be there at this time

No comments:

Post a Comment