Friday 20 March 2015

Partial Solar Eclipse - 20/03/2015

This event kind of caught my by surprise. I have been off recovering following knee surgery and this event came round pretty quick.

I set up my tripod with camera and my longest zoom, an 80-200. Having not prepared I had no filters other than a big stopper and I didn't want to risk using this as it would likely have captured moon movement and left a blurred image.

I was operating with out eye safety wear for the reasons above so was using material to cover my eyes and a pair of polarised sunglasses.

The camera was set to manual focus and at infinity and used use the smallest aperture I thought I could and maintain  a decent image, I selected f/13. I also underexposed on the camera 3 stops of light.

I took a few images and this I think was the best,. the moon actually moving away. The star effect is common with Nikon lenses as a result of the multiple optics within the lens when shooting into the sun.



The day in my location was cloudy, misty so I was pleased to get this image

No comments:

Post a Comment